AM_CPPFLAGS not applied for CHECK programs?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: AM_CPPFLAGS not applied for CHECK programs?
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:31:06 -0500 (CDT)

I am using automake 1.9.6. Today I was shocked to learn that programs listed in check_PROGRAMS are not built using the same CPPFLAGS options as normal programs.

Normal code is built using

but it appears that check programs are only being built using

so the wrong header files may be used. If it makes any difference, I am using a non-recursive build, and the check programs are in a subdirectory.

In my I have been careful to define AM_CPPFLAGS so that it prepares the proper include path to use header files from the build and source directories. Without the extra AM_CPPFLAGS the build is incorrect or fails.

Bob Friesenhahn
GraphicsMagick Maintainer,