Using automake/autoconf with Libtool

From: Tommy Nordgren
Subject: Using automake/autoconf with Libtool
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:00:26 +0200

How do you maintain a build system based on the GNU autotools, when some of the
tools have different names on some machines.
Specifically, gnu libtool is installed as glibtool,
and libtoolize is installed as glibtool.
The reason for this is that mac OS X / Darwin have a tool called libtool, which is as far as
I can tell not related to gnu libtool in any way.

"How will the German Government be able to abolish Nuclear Power? I don't know. I guess they will have to do as the German Government did during the thirties and forties: Use Gas!"
Tommy Nordgren
address@hidden