Re: configure can not determin 'HAVE_LIMITS'

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: configure can not determin 'HAVE_LIMITS'
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:01:58 +0200

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 21:52 +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
> Stepan Kasal <address@hidden> writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 10:23:55PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
> >> #ifdef HAVE_LIMITS
> >
> > add line
> >
> > AC_CHECK_HEADERS([limits])
> >
> > to (or
> >
> > HTH,
> >     Stepan Kasal
> thanks. but still got problem.  if i say, AC_CHECK_HEADERS([limits]) as you
> pointed, the the configure script will complain and the HAVE_LIMITS veriable
> would't be set because my system (Linux) only get limits.h instead of
> 'limits'.
> so to make 'configure' happy, i changed to AC_CHECK_HEADERS([limits.h]), this
> time, 'configure' feels happy and HAVE_LIMITS_H is set properly. but the
> third-party headers used in my project requires a HAVE_LIMITS that is still
> not
> set.
> my current solution is add the below line into '':
> #define HAVE_LIMITS 1
> but i think this is not a decent way. any thinking?

You seem to be confused and are outsmarting yourself ;)

limits.h is a POSIX header. On linux it is supplied by GCC.

So if you want to check for "limits", you should use

If this fails, something else is broken and you will have to
investigate. It could be a bug inside of "limits", it could be problem
elsewhere inside of your configure script, or could be a problem with
your include paths.

It's hard to guess what actually goes wrong without having seen your