Re: hello world demo with gtk condition

From: Matt Hull
Subject: Re: hello world demo with gtk condition
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:28:40 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> [ again, please follow up to address@hidden only ]
>
> * Matt Hull wrote on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 01:30:40AM CET:
> > i am going to take a break from this i think.  i have been reading
> > examples manuals for at least 2 weeks on this.  too much time.  and i
> > still can not get it to work.
>
> I am sorry.
>
> > i put the lastest try at
> >
> > icarus.cc.uic.edu/~mhull1/mine-0.0.9.tar.gz
>
> This makes it much easier to see what is going wrong.
>
> Try this as toplevel makefile.am.  Note I cannot fully test because I do
> not have the macro AX_COMPARE_VERSION (and thus cannot regenerate the
> configure script).
>
> You, the developer, *will* need an Automake version >= 1.8, I believe.
> (Your users won't need Automake at all.)
>
> Hope that helps.  If not, please post what you did including
> output/errors of the tools.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf
>
> -snip makefile.am-
> AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = subdir-objects
>
> SUBDIRS =
>
> bin_PROGRAMS = mine
> mine_SOURCES = src/main.c
>
> if WITH_GTK1
> mine_SOURCES += src/gtk1/gtk1.c src/gtk1/gtk1.h
> endif
>
> if WITH_GTK2
> mine_SOURCES += src/gtk2/gtk2.c src/gtk2/gtk2.h
> endif
> -snip-

thanks for the reply.  i tried those changes:

address@hidden ~/mine-0.0.9 $ aclocal-1.8 -I aclocal && autoheader && autoconf
&& automake-1.8 && ./configure && make
/usr/share/aclocal/sigc++.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_SIGC
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/oaf.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_OAF
/usr/share/aclocal/libglade.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_LIBGLADE
/usr/share/aclocal/gtk--.m4:10: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GTKMM
/usr/share/aclocal/gconf-1.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_GCONF
/usr/share/aclocal/gconf-1.m4:71: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_GCONF_SOURCE
/usr/share/aclocal/ao.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_AO
makefile.am: required file `./compile' not found
makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found

address@hidden ~/mine-0.0.9 $ aclocal-1.6 -I aclocal && autoheader && autoconf
&& automake-1.6 && ./configure && make
makefile.am: required file `./compile' not found
makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found
address@hidden ~/mine-0.0.9 $

i also uploaded the changes with the same file name, if you wanted to look
at that.  (that server went down a few min ago for a moment, but should
never be too long if you have a problem)

there is an included folder aclocal that has the needed .m4 file

thanks for your help.

matt