How to link just one library staticly.

From: Paul Elliott
Subject: How to link just one library staticly.
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 05:09:12 -0500

I have a simple program which links to a number
of externaly supplied libraries.

Because one library is a constantly changing moving target, and is
small, I want to it link staticly. It is not a libtool library. It
comes in .a and .so versions in /usr/lib.

How do I tell automake to link that one library static and not
the others.

I tied to add ".a" to the _LDADD entries in Makefile.am
but that resulted in an error at link time:
/bin/ls: /usr/libboost_filesystem.a: No such file or directory

Is what I am trying to do even possible?

Sorry for the newbie question, but I could not find the answer.

--
Paul Elliott                       1(512)837-1096
address@hidden                    PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J