Re: running tests with automake on windows with mingw...

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: running tests with automake on windows with mingw...
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:03:53 -0500 (CDT)

When I call the shell script, it works great. But when I run "make
check" it doesn't call the shell script. It calls the .exe file, and
that fails:

I see that you failed to identify the versions of autoconf, automake, and libtool you are using. Often it makes a difference, particularly when libtool is involved. Anyone reporting a problem with autotools should also report which versions are involved.

The commands executed by the 'check' target in Makefile.am are entirely up to you. Probably you have added something (e.g. "$(EXEEXT)") which adds this .exe extension to the command name.

For example you can have

check:
        ./foo bar

and your ./foo will never be converted to "./foo.exe".

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn