finding the location of header (.h) files

From: mick
Subject: finding the location of header (.h) files
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:19:50 +1000

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:39, Stepan Kasal wrote:
I have an application that depends on gtkhtml-2.0, which seems to put its
headers in a diferent location in almost every linux or BSD distribution so I
need to replace
INCLUDES = -I/usr/include/gtkhtml-2.0

Its been suggested that I use
AC_CHECK_HEADER ([libgtkhtml/gtkhtml.h],
                [AC_MSG_ERROR([BUMMER, Maybe if you install libgtkhtml-2 &
this pig will fly])],
                 [includes = 'default-includes'])
I'm trying to nut it out but getting more confused with every step, I'm
guessing I need to replace "macro" with something like 'locate gtkhtml.h'
then some sed? to trim it down.

Have I got that right?
if locate gtkhtml.h gives
what would clean it up to produce the required string?

thanks in advance