Re: Dependency of on is not aware

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Dependency of on is not aware
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:51:45 +0200

Hello Tzu-Chien,

* Tzu-Chien Chiu wrote on Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 07:49:38AM CEST:
> I have a strange problem on cygwin. The Makefile generated by
> 'configure' doesn't detect the change of corresponding
> I have to manually remove the corresponding to force it to
> be re-generated. I didn't enable the maintainer mode and neither
> Examing generated Makefile I found the dependency of are
> commented out by #. Is it on purpose? Or I missing anything in

> $(srcdir)/ # $(srcdir)/  $(am__configure_deps)

The comment sign '#' is added by AM_MAINTAINER_MODE though, as Eric
already mentioned; maybe you had that in an earlier version of  Rerunning aclocal, automake, and autoconf, followed by
'./configure --enable-maintainer-mode' should fix things.  Maybe some
third-party macro you use pulls in AM_MAINTAINER_MODE?