Re: adding libraries and header file directories

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: adding libraries and header file directories
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 18:43:44 +0100

Hello Jim,

* Jim Rainville wrote on Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 06:13:23PM CET:

> I think I can make this work if AM_LIBTOOLSFLAGS is supported. I
> upgraded autoconf to 2.6 so automake and autoconf are happy working
> together. I still get the error that the AM_LIBTOOLSFLAGS directory is
> not there. I greped in /usr/local/aclocal-1.10 for this macro but its
> not there. Where should this macro exist?

The warning shouldn't be there.  Please post the configure.ac code that
deals with this, so we can find out whether there is a bug in automake.

Independent of the possibility of a bug, you can just set
AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS in the Makefile.am where you use it.  Or just
libfoo_la_LIBTOOLFLAGS if you need it for just one library named
libfoo.la.