no rule to make asm targets

From: Jari Strand
Subject: no rule to make asm targets
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 21:08:04 +0200

Hi, I'm trying to add build option for asm files and I have done this succesfully before but there seems to be something wrong with my configuration at this time.

This is what I have in configure.in:

dnl Check for nasm
AC_PATH_PROG(NASM_PATH, nasm, no)
AC_SUBST(NASM_PATH)
if test x$NASM_PATH = xno; then
 AC_MSG_WARN(Couldn't find nasm)
 HAVE_NASM="no"
else AC_DEFINE(HAVE_NASM, 1, [Define if NASM, the netwide assembler, is available])
 HAVE_NASM="yes"
fi

AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_NASM,           test "x$HAVE_NASM" = "xyes")

And this is what I have in Makefile.am:

..asm.o:
        nasm -o $@ -f elf -dLINUX $<

But for some reason the make command gives "No rule to make target someFile.o" error where someFile is an someFile.asm file. The commands I have tried running are: autoreconf --install --force; ../configure; make

Thanks.

Jari.

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.com/