Python files installation

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Python files installation
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:18:52 +0200

Since I already require autotools (there are also .cpp files in my
program), I decided to use them also for installing Python parts
instead of writing `'.  However, including files in
`python_PYTHON' primary causes all paths to be flattened, while I
want my Python sources be nicely organized in a tree of packages.
Is there a way to do it with Autotools or should use Pythonic
installation tools instead?

  python_PYTHON = foo/bar/ foo/baz/

causes files `' and `' be installed together in

P.S. I would really hate to add `' to each Python
     sources tree directory if that is required...