Re: problem on mingw builds when upgrading to 1.10

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: problem on mingw builds when upgrading to 1.10
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:07:16 +0100

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the report.

* Ed Hartnett wrote on Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 09:30:24PM CET:

> My package, netcdf, builds on MinGW fine with automake 1.9.6, but not
> if I use automake 1.10.
>
> In the later case, it gets an error running tests, because it gets
> confused (as do I) about running the test program with or without the
> .exe.
>
> If I build a test program tst_mindll, I get a file "tst_mindll" and
> also "tst_mindll.exe"
>
> If I run the former, it works. The other fails. Why?

I assume both tst_mindll and tst_mindll.exe are created by libtool,
the former is a shell script, the source for the latter is in
.libs/lt-tst_mindll.c and the real executable is at
.libs/tst_mindll.exe?

There's been a similar report before, I haven't looked into yet.
Looks like the libtool wrapper is broken somehow.  Libtool HEAD or
1.5.22?