Placing libraries in single central directory

From: antoon
Subject: Placing libraries in single central directory
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 00:44:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

As a newbie in Automake, I succeeded in generating a library *libarea.a*
from some simple C-files, by

<begin-of-snippet>
include $(top_srcdir)/common.am
lib_LIBRARIES = libarea.a
# Language: C language
libarea_a_SOURCES = checkdep.c \
                  drawdept.c \
                                  drawgleg.c

<end-of-snippet>

By default this library is placed in the same directory as the C-files.

But ...  how to copy this library afterwards to a general *lib* directory,
because  during the overall linkage step of my code, I want all my libraries
in one single directory.  You can do something like this, by make install
but that's not what I mean.

Some help would be nice !

Thanks, Antoon