[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: multiple cpu's
Re: multiple cpu's
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:59:26 +0200
On Aug 20, 2007, at 5:15 PM, Jim Meyering wrote:
Benoit SIGOURE <address@hidden> wrote:
On Aug 12, 2007, at 11:09 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
* Jim Meyering wrote on Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 12:46:20PM CEST:
On a related note, it'd sure be nice if "make -j4 check" would run
tests in parallel. Especially on an SMP system, and/or when some
tests sleep for a few (interminable :-) seconds.
Of course, this might not be trivial, especially trying to keep
the resulting Makefile.in portable. However, even if it means
I'd need to use a special option to generate a GNU-make-only
Makefile.in, I'd happily use the result for day to day work.
IIRC, Akim Demaille posted a patch a while ago on an automake
this, GNU make-specific. I don't recall how much work was left
but on my list it's a bit on the far end.
The whole idea is to have one input file per test (say a .chk file)
that produces a .log file. We can then benefit from the parallelism
of make with implicit rules (exactly like for .c -> .o).
The file has slightly evolved since then but I can post an updated
version if someone is interested.
That'd be great.
FYI, in testing this, I've been using check.mk from vaucanson-trunk.
Is that what you mean?
Not exactly, in fact Akim and I use this piece of Makefile in several
other projects, some of which are unfortunately not open source. You
can find a more up to date version at:
It has a couple of bug fixes and enhancements compared to that in
vaucanson HEAD (which ought to be updated).
I hope this helps.
Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
- multiple cpu's, Bob Rossi, 2007/08/10
- Re: multiple cpu's, Andreas Schwab, 2007/08/10
- Re: multiple cpu's, Bob Rossi, 2007/08/10
- Re: multiple cpu's, Ralf Wildenhues, 2007/08/10
- Re: multiple cpu's, Jim Meyering, 2007/08/12
- Re: multiple cpu's, Ralf Wildenhues, 2007/08/12
- Re: multiple cpu's, Benoit SIGOURE, 2007/08/20
- Re: multiple cpu's, Jim Meyering, 2007/08/20
- Re: multiple cpu's,
Benoit SIGOURE <=
- parallel testsuite execution (was: multiple cpu's), Ralf Wildenhues, 2007/08/20