Re: distcheck does not set exec_prefix - bug? distcheck fails for packag

From: Daniel Leidert
Subject: Re: distcheck does not set exec_prefix - bug? distcheck fails for packages using e.g. pkglibdir
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 03:02:33 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 17.10.2007, 02:41 +0200 schrieb Daniel Leidert:
> Hi,
> Today I observed an issue when I tried to run `make distcheck' as usual
> for one of the project I'm contributing to. The issue was, that
> distcheck failed at the step of installing a library. It told me, that
> it was not able to remove the library from
> /usr/local/lib/$package
> Of course I tried to find out, why distcheck tried to access /usr/local
> and found, that it doesn't set exec_prefix to $dc_install_base (I set
> exec_prefix to ${ac_default_prefix} if its value is "NONE", which is the
> default). It just sets prefix. But e.g. (pkg)libdir is based on
> exec_prefix (at least following the Makefiles produced on my system).
> So, shouldn't you set exec_prefix in too? Or is there a bug
> missing to set exec_prefix to ${prefix}? Or am I misunderstanding
> something?

Hm. After removing the small snippet from setting
exec_prefix to "/usr/local" if its value is "NONE" (IIRC I added it,
because it was necessary to fix its value), everything works and
exec_prefix is set to ${prefix}. I still wonder, if exec_prefix should
be set in the configure-call of the distcheck target to
workaround/prevent issues like mine.

Regards, Daniel