Re: -pipe passed to gcc via Automake

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: -pipe passed to gcc via Automake
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:35:22 +0200

Hello whoever(?),

* NightStrike wrote on Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 07:13:19PM CEST:
> If I wanted -pipe passed in to gcc all the time, do I put that in
> AM_CPPFLAGS or AM_CFLAGS?

You pass it to configure via CFLAGS, or CC:
  ./configure CC='gcc -pipe'

It makes not much sense in *CPPFLAGS: can't it help the assembly stage,
too?  Neither does it make sense for you, the developer, to put it in
AM_*, because the user may want to use a compiler different from gcc.
If you know gcc will be used, then AM_CFLAGS should be fine.