How to build source code while treating all warnings as errors with auto

From: jasond
Subject: How to build source code while treating all warnings as errors with automake...
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:34:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I am a newbie, so bare with me if this is a simple question.  I recently had
a project that used a local Makefile that I wrote.  Among my options for the
compiler (in this case g++) were -Wall and -Werror.  Recently, I converted
the project over to using Autotools and am wondering if there is a portable
way to instruct automake to generate Makefiles that build code while
treating all encountered warnings as errors? I like building my source with
the strictest settings, but I am not sure how to do it with automake. Any
help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
Jason