Re: extending automake

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: extending automake
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:29:06 +0200

* Brian Dessent wrote on Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 02:42:57PM CEST:

> That brings up the next logical point, can anyone comment on the
> feasibility of some kind of generalized "tool X reads A and outputs Y
> and Z" construct to help solve the "tools generating multiple outputs"
> case without having to emit big ugly stamp rules in Makefile.am or
> resorting the GNUmake-isms?

This thread has some ideas:
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.automake.general/8916/focus=8924>

If you (or anybody) finds the above useful, and think the setup is
general enough for several use cases, we can think about how to
integrate it into Automake proper.  Of course, if anyone volunteers
to work on this, be my guest!  ;-)