Re: flag question

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: flag question
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:12:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, NightStrike wrote:

On 4/25/08, Peter O'Gorman <address@hidden> wrote:
NightStrike wrote:
-Wall and -pedantic... AM_CFLAGS or AM_CPPFLAGS?

Neither. Neither are portable, so the do not belong in the Makefile.am,
check for gcc in configure and append them to CFLAGS if they work.

I didn't know they weren't portable.  Our project requires gcc as a
precondition, but I see your point.  Is there a configure test to see
if -Wall works?

These options only work with GCC. If the compiler is GCC you can use them, otherwise skip them.

The Intel compiler recognizes -Wall and -Werror (but not -pedantic in
the version I have at hand).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net