Re: gnupload and ncftpput

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: gnupload and ncftpput
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 07:49:12 +0200

Hi Karl,

* Karl Berry wrote on Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 02:54:38AM CEST:
> So, I guess my questions are:
> 1) do you have any interest in eliminating the dependency on ncftpput?

Sure.

> 2) do you have any interest in including this ncftpput-replacement
>    somewhere, somehow?

Fine with me.  I suppose putting it in gnulib will make it available to
developers more quickly than putting it in Automake, but we could do the
latter, if you wish, too.

Please remove these nonportable constructs from the script:
- $'\n'
- `for f in "$@"; do' is better written as `for f<NEWLINE>do'.
- missing basename could be taken care of.

Thanks,