Re: Problems with library on macos X

From: Daniel Luis dos Santos
Subject: Re: Problems with library on macos X
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 13:02:45 +0100

Hello,

Sorry for my english, but what I meant was that with this piece of text in Makefile.am :

lib_LIBRARIES = libliquidsurfaces.a
libliquidsurfaces_a_SOURCES = LiquidSurfaces.cp LiquidSurfacesPriv.h
#libliquidsurfaces_a_LIBADD = LiquidSurfaces.o
include_HEADERS = LiquidSurfaces.h

The generated Makefile has no object files, and that causes the error :

ar cru libliquidsurfaces.a
ar: no archive members specified
usage:  ar -d [-TLsv] archive file ...

with the empty file list on the ar command.

Then I tried using the _LIBADD line. If public symbols aren't required in the resulting library, what are they anyway ?