Re: Running Custom Commands

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Running Custom Commands
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 07:18:26 +0200

Hi Lalit,

* Lalit Seth wrote on Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 07:10:24AM CEST:

> I have few source c++ files which are generated by .ice files using
> slice2cpp. How can I do this in Makefile.am? Where I can call
> slice2cpp to generate these source file.

More or less like you would in a normal makefile:

SLICE2CPP = slice2cpp
.ice.c++:
        $(SLICE2CPP) args munging $< to $@
SUFFIXES = .ice .c++

You want to list the .ice files in EXTRA_DIST, and depending on whether
you require your users to have slice2cpp, the generated c++ files either
in nodist_foo_SOURCES or foo_SOURCES.

Hope that helps.