Re: Using ylwrap in parallel builds fails sometimes

From: Robert Homann
Subject: Re: Using ylwrap in parallel builds fails sometimes
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:38:51 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Robert Homann wrote:

Hi again!

> I have some trouble building a yacc parser with Automake (using
> ylwrap) in a parallel build. Usually, make -j runs fine on my project

Replying to myself, adding the dependency

scanner.c: parser.c

to Makefile.am works fine (thanks to Ruediger Ranft for the suggestion).

As a side note, I looked through the Automake manual once again and found
another suggestion there (section 8.8, Yacc and Lex support), which told
me to add

BUILT_SOURCES = parser.h

to Makefile.am. This, however, did not work for me (make doesn't know how
to build parser.h). Putting parser.c into BUILT_SOURCES instead was fine
again.

Best regards,
Robert Homann

--