Re: -I. in DEFAULT_INCLUDES

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: -I. in DEFAULT_INCLUDES
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 21:01:02 +0100

On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 09:34 -0600, John Calcote wrote:
> Just curious - under what conditions do you have a header file in the
> local directory that you need to have overridden by a globally installed
> header file?

I have a file named string.h in a subdirectory.  It's part of a library
and ordinarily when the header is included, the name is qualified with
the subdirectory.  However, other files in the same subdirectory include
headers from external libraries which in turn include `<string.h>'.
When the subdirectory is compiled with `-I.', the local header is
included instead of the system header.

--
Bob Ham <address@hidden>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }