Re: libtool broken pipe problem

From: Joost Kraaijeveld
Subject: Re: libtool broken pipe problem
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:57:24 +0100

Hi Ralf,

> Can you show the output of such a Broken pipe error with
>   make -k -j6 all LIBTOOLFLAGS=--debug
> somehow?  You probably need to pack it (gzip, bzip2) and remove all but
> the last thousand lines or so from the output.  Please keep stdout and
> stderr intermixed.
Attached (libtool_debug_output.txt.tar.bz2).

> In any case, even if above does not work to produce the error, please
> also post the output of
>   ./libtool --config
Attached (libtool_config.txt.tar.bz2).

> and please post lines 735-755 or so of this libtool script, with a mark
> at line 747.
Attached (libtool.tar.bz2). In this case however the error is in line 10
of a bash script:

make[2]: write error
/bin/bash: line 10: echo: write error: Broken pipe

The lines 735-760:

# Standard options:

# func_echo arg...
# Echo program name prefixed message, along with the current mode
# name if it has been set yet.
func_echo ()
    $ECHO "$progname${mode+: }$mode: $*"

# func_verbose arg...
# Echo program name prefixed message in verbose mode only.
func_verbose ()
    $opt_verbose && func_echo ${1+"$@"}

    # A bug in bash halts the script if the last line of a function
    # fails when set -e is in force, so we need another command to
    # work around that:

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14