Re: and Makefile not generated when using a static library

From: isulsz
Subject: Re: and Makefile not generated when using a static library
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:02:09 -0700 (PDT)

It works when you switch the order of the directories in SUBDIRS.

I have another question regarding to the flag of the g++ compiler. I want to
debug the code carefully so I want to add -O0 option to the g++ so that it
will not optimize the code. Here is what I am doing now. I use
./configure CXXFLAGS = '-g -O0'

It works. I am just wondering if it is the commonly used method.

I tried to have the following in the
proj_CXXFLAGS=-g -O0
But I find in the Makefile, although we have
proj_CXXFLAGS=-g -O0
there also be this: (seems it is there by default)

And during the Make procedure, I see -g -O0 -g -O2 after g++ and it seems to
me the one actually take effect is -O2, which is not what I want.

Only if I do ./configure CXXFLAG='-g -O0', it works.  How should I
understand this?

Best wishes,

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Hello,
> * isulsz wrote on Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 04:38:08AM CEST:
>> But I have a new problem. When I try to "make" the project, I get this
>> error:
>>  *** No rule to make target `../../src/Random/librng.a', needed by
>> `MultiSour'.  Stop.
> You probably need to reorder your SUBDIRS entry in the files
> higher up so that src/Random is built before this directory is built.
> If you have mutual dependencies that cannot be solved this way, I
> suggest you rethink your project setup; there is a way out but you
> shouldn't have to use it except in rare cases.
> Cheers,
> Ralf

Sent from the Gnu - Automake - General mailing list archive at