Re: on Windows, BUILT_SOURCES does not append .exe

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: on Windows, BUILT_SOURCES does not append .exe
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 22:55:18 +0100

Hello Vincent,

* Vincent Torri wrote on Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 10:51:53PM CET:
> noinst_PROGRAMS = cmapdump fontdump
> BUILT_SOURCES = cmapdump fontdump
>
> With MSYS, noinst_PROGRAMS is set to
>
> cmapdump$(EXEEXT) fontdump$(EXEEXT)
>
> but BUILT_SOURCES is set to
>
> cmapdump fontdump
>
> Is it normal that BUILT_SOURCES does not try to see if they are
> binaries in some variables ?

I don't think we've come across an example where it was necessary to put
compiled programs into BUILT_SOURCES.  For one, that would mean that
cross compilation will not work.  For another: can you please explain
what you are trying to achieve?  I'm sure there is another way.

Other than that, you're right: automatic $(EXEEXT) appending is not done
for BUILT_SOURCES.

Thanks,