Re: configure can't find doc/

From: Adrienne Thompson
Subject: Re: configure can't find doc/
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:15:54 -0500

Hi Stefano,

I downloaded TEX yesterday, but it's so huge I've been contemplating
uninstalling and haven't yet set my $PATH.

My suggestion is to install it from the Debian packages.  For me,
that has always worked like a charm.

I got some rest, then uninstalled that huge TEX prg from and reinstalled the leaner version from Debian sources. As you said, it "works like a charm".

I was in such a rush to get this build going (trying to meet an end of year deadline) that the error

"config.status: error: cannot find input file: `doc/'"

had me thinking that perhaps Texinfo needed some kind of dependency needing to be installed. Thanks again, and

Happy Holidays!

Freedom - no pane, all gaiGN!

Code Art Now
Email: address@hidden