Re: [CRAZY PROPOSAL] Automake should support only GNU make

From: Steffen Dettmer
Subject: Re: [CRAZY PROPOSAL] Automake should support only GNU make
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:16:39 +0100

2011/1/12 Stefano Lattarini <address@hidden>:
> I'm starting to think that
> automake should *really* start supporting *only* GNU make (at least
> from version 3.75 or so).

I think also bash, gcc and most GNU tools are widely avialable.
They could be built using an old fixed automake.
But where should this end?
If only the MyLinux version from yesterday is supported?
What is wrong from using a ten year old u*nx machine as long as it works?
(ok, my has GNU Make 3.79.1 so I would be fine SCNR)

oki,

Steffen