Re: PCH support

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: PCH support
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 17:46:48 +0100

On 12/23/2011 05:07 PM, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> Hi list,

Hi Olaf.

> Is there any progress on adding PCH support to automake?

I assume you are referring to this:

  <http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8076>

The answer is, unfortunately, no: no progress at all.

First, I know basically nothing about PCH, and it seems to me that it is not
a feature many users would require or employ.

Second, and more important: as you can easily see, the Automake bug tracker
is full of bug reports with higher precedence, and of feature requests with
potentially more widespread user bases.

So, in conclusion, it's unlikely that any built-in PCH support will be
introduced in automake anytime soon (unless someone steps up and write a
patch, that is).

Sorry,
  Stefano