Re: pkglibdir, pkgdatadir and program_transform_name

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: pkglibdir, pkgdatadir and program_transform_name
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:34:15 +0100

On 02/26/2012 09:18 PM, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> Hello, all. In GRUB2 we have following problem: If
>
>  program_transform_name=s,grub,grub2
>
> then
>   pkglibdir=$libdir/grub2

Hmm... no, this is not automake's doing (automake is in fact not
documented to do so, and I've just added a test verifying that it
indeed does not do so -- see attachment).

> but
>   pkgdatadir=$datadir/grub2

You mean "pkgdatadir=$datadir/grub" here?  Anyway, this would be correct;
it's the "pkglibdir=$libdir/grub2" above that looks fishy.

> Is it intended or is it a bug?

Any transformation of a $(pkg*dir) by $(program_transform_name) would be
a bug; if you encounter such an issue, I'd be grateful if you report it.

But I'm pretty sure the inconsistency you are seeing here is due to
another reasons (maybe some Makefile.am or configure.ac settings you're
missing?)

HTH,
  Stefano