Re: looking for a good example of non-recursive Make using project

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: looking for a good example of non-recursive Make using project
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:35:24 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012, NightStrike wrote:
If you include src/more/Makefile.am into src/Makefile.am (a perfectly
valid thing to do), you will be unpleasantly surprised that
src/more/Makefile.am has to actually know where it is in the source
tree.  It needs lines like this:

This is something I complained about long ago. It is the main impediment to creating a non-recursive Automake project. It is something that Automake could have easily fixed given that it writes the template makefiles using Perl and can easily perform path substitutions. I don't understand why there was resistance (or profound lack of interest) in fixing this at the time.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn