Re: Autogen error

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: Autogen error
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 12:09:55 +0100

On 02/18/2013 11:03 PM, Olmide wrote:
> I'm trying to run on autogen.sh on a source folder but am getting the
> following error:
>
> -bash-4.1$ ./autogen.sh
> **Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
> If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
> `./autogen.sh' command line.
>
> FIND: Parameter format not correct
> Running ./configure ...
> ./configure: line 2367: syntax error near unexpected token `no-define'
> ./configure: line 2367: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(no-define)'
>
> How can I fix this error?

Automake doesn't have nor provide any 'autogen.sh' file itself; so you'll
have to report this to the developers of the package you are trying to
bootstrap.

And BTW, it would be helpful if you reported the name of that package, as
well as on which platform you are trying to bootstrap it, plus any other
information you think could be useful; nobody will be able to help you
from the scant information have provided.

HTH,
  Stefano