Re: Micro releases and testsuite work

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Micro releases and testsuite work
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 07:06:30 +0900

Peter Rosin <address@hidden> writes:
> noone has bothered to check, a user on that platform is going to be
> less than impressed and would probably not trust the new micro version
> and would thus be inconvenienced indeed.

I think 99.99% of users who download and build packages don't run the
test-suite... :]

["Big" users like distro maintainers probably do, but they also
are more likely to follow up on problems (report the bug, debug it,
etc), and realize that it's just a test-suite issue.]

-miles

--
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to
do, and always a clever thing to say.  -- Will Durant