Re: Automake 1.14 and subdir-objects

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Automake 1.14 and subdir-objects
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:05:35 +0100

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 9:09 PM, David Beer <address@hidden> wrote:
> All,
>
> I am currently trying to get our project completely compatible with
> automake 1.14. We have multiple places where we compile a source file from
> another of the project's subdirectories in a given subdirectory. The two
> main use cases are:
>
> 1. To recompile a source file with different preprocessor variables
> 2. To execute the unit tests (we use the check framework).

Do you mean you are using the same subdirectory as the build directory
for several different source directories (in a parallel build)? That
sounds unusual. If you mean that you are running configure several
times on the same source directory for different build directories (to
test different variables, options), there won't be files from other
builds in each build directory, and shouldn't have the problems you
mentioned. Maybe if you described a simple project (e.g. show the
contents of the files) that worked in earlier versions but not in
automake 1.14, it would be easier to see if you were going about it in
the right way.