Re: LDADD doesn't work as expected

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: LDADD doesn't work as expected
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:21:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015, Arthur Schwarz wrote:

I'm trying to use LDADD to reference libgslip.a in another directory. After
building libgslip.a with make, I issue a make check and get the message:

*** No rule to make target '../libgslip/libgslip.a/', needed by
'SlipTest.exe'.  Stop.

The test directory is entered and the Makefile in the test directory is
executed, so the path would seem to be correct but I am missing something. I
have read Section 8.1.2 Linking the program and I think I'm following the
example given, but alas, it just doesn't work.

I have tried to use LDADD and prog_LDADD with the same effect.

Did you mean to use LIBADD?

It may be wise to construct full paths based on Automake-provided variables like $(top_builddir) rather than using relative paths.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn