Re: MinGW and "warning: implicit declaration of function _spawnv"

From: Jeffrey Walton
Subject: Re: MinGW and "warning: implicit declaration of function _spawnv"
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:42:01 -0500

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Jeffrey Walton <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm testing on MinGW (). I'm surprised how easily the library built
> for MinGW under Autotools. Hat's off for the good job.
>
> I'm down to one error from what appears to be an Automake source file
> (see below). I'm not a MinGW expert and searching is not returning
> useful results. I test the platform to get in front of problems users
> may experience.
>
> I'm not sure how to workaround the issue. Do I add a uniform name
> target for lt-cryptest.c and give it special flags? Maybe something
> like:
>
>     ltcryptest_CXXFLAGS = $(AM_CXXFLAGS) <some other flag>
>
> Or maybe something else?

It looks like the extra files provided by libtool are the problem. It
looks like the libtool folks need to add _XOPEN_SOURCE=600 to their
preprocessor definitions. I'm guessing they only test with a C
compiler, and not a C++ compiler and Newlib combination.

Let me move this to a libtool mailing list.

Jeff

./.libs/lt-cryptestcwd.c: In function 'main':
./.libs/lt-cryptest.c: In function 'main':
./.libs/lt-cryptestcwd.c:319:16: warning: implicit declaration of
function '_spawnv' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   rval = (int) _spawnv (_P_WAIT, lt_argv_zero, (const char * const *) newargz);
                ^~~~~~~