autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] Welcome back to autonomo.us

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] Welcome back to autonomo.us
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:31:17 -0500

Totally. Here is my first problem. I don't think advocacy works, anymore.

What can autonomo.us do that is productive? provide a directory of autonomo.us services? A badge like CC licenses with a link to make an updated form of webring for sites, with some distincly compliant features? A type of certification for sites that don't sell people's data and souls to the devil? That is also a potential revenue stream for the project.

I guess being a social club like CC is good for us, but how can we really get more people onto this line of thinking and move this beyond a bunch of blog posts, friends hanging out and watching ourselves in the mirror becoming the cranky long bears we both admire and don't want to be ;)

Call to action! Blat!

Jon

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> wrote:
Mike Linksvayer <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 14:11, Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Anyway, I should shut up and finish my taxes. Welcome to you all!
>
> Thank you!

Make that a (double/triple/whatever).  Thanks Matt & Jon... autonomo.us
still greatly necessary.  Hopefully we can continue both discussion and
project activity.

Mandatory: I, for one, welcome our new autonomo.us overlords!  (Hm,
except that part of the point of the point of autonomo.us is to reduce
overlord dependency & proliferation... oh well.)

Looking forward to re-engaging discussion & etc,
 - cwebb

--
The bottom line.