[avr-chat] problems with avrdude and new AVR Studio 4.11

From: Ewout Boks
Subject: [avr-chat] problems with avrdude and new AVR Studio 4.11
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:25:31 +0100

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble with the new AVR Studio 4.11 . I recently installed
it and use it as a back-up to easily program fuses etc on my ATMega32
and 64.

For everyday programming and target loading to the stk500, I use avrdude
from my FreeBSD workstation. This worked fine until I installed AVR
Studio 4.11 on my Windows system and connected to the target using the
JTAG ICE mkII . This works fine but after having doen that, avrdude
isn't able to connect to the stk500 anymore. Reverting to AVRStudio 4.10
and  reinstalling the stk500 firmware made avrdude happy again.

Atmel assures me that nothing drastic has changed but from what I see I
am not too certain about that.

Has anyone seen this behaviour as well ?

Best regards,

Ewout Boks
Kiwanda Embedded Systemen