[avr-chat] gnu-as: Error: invalid sections for operation on `Confi

From: Jörgen Birkler
Subject: [avr-chat] gnu-as: Error: invalid sections for operation on `ConfigDescriptor' and `L0'
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:37:35 +0200 (CEST)

Trying to port Igor Ceskos USB code to GNU assembler, but getting errors I
do not understand.

It seems that the compiler doesn't like that I take a value from the ROM
segment and place it in the Z register. But this should be fine since the
code later uses the LPW instruction to read from the ROM.

Any ideas? Can I "cast" so that the assembler doesn't complain? How?

/J