Re: [avr-chat] gcc/libc 4.0

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] gcc/libc 4.0
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:44:01 -0500

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 03:20:26PM +0200, Balbo Ezio wrote:

I have a problem about avr-gcc and/or avr-libc (i think).

On the new pc I have installed avr-gcc/libc 4.0
but .hex file DO NOT workink on the board.

[...]

PLEASE what can I do?

Revert to a version which does work. Why are you trying to use 4.0 in
the first place?

How can I find the problem?

Start with the very first byte out of reset until you find where it
stops working.

3.4.x is still the mass-consumption version of avr-gcc. One day 4.x will
be suitable for the masses but meanwhile only for those with time and
skills to work out its kinks.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden