Re: [avr-chat] HowTo split a program into several files ?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] HowTo split a program into several files ?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:43:51 +0200 (MET DST)

Vincent Trouilliez <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I could recommend you using FreeBSD. ;-)

> Oh no, please don't start a Unix/Linux war again !! ;o)

It wasn't meant to become a war.  It's just that I incidentally
maintain all but one of the AVR-related FreeBSD ports (the missing one
is Brian Dean's avrdude which he maintains himself), so I can tell you
they're kept reasonably up-to-date, and patchwise, they are closely in
sync with Eric Weddington's WinAVR, as we coordinate our efforts here.
(The difference is, the FreeBSD ports are much more lightweight than
WinAVR is, so I can maintain a much higher update frequency.)

So for example, right now the avr-gcc port has the following
pkg-descr:

FSF gcc-3.x for Atmel AVR cross-development

This brings the gcc compiler to the Atmel AVR 8-bit RISC family of
microcontrollers.

Included is the basic C++ compiler, although this is only of limited
use without a libstdc++, and it is little tested.

Supported debugging formats: -gstabs [default] and -gdwarf-2
Locally hack added: recognizes 0bXXX binary constants

Locally added support for the following AVR devices:

  ATtiny13/ATtiny2313             ATtiny25/ATtiny45/ATtiny85
  ATmega48/ATmega88/ATmega168     AT90PWM2/AT90PWM3
  ATmega164/ATmega324/ATmega644   ATmega165
  ATmega325/ATmega3250/ATmega645/ATmega6450
  ATmega329/ATmega3290/ATmega649/ATmega6490
  ATmega640/ATmega1280/ATmega1281
  AT90CAN128

WWW: http://gcc.gnu.org/
WWW: http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/

(I'm playing with the idea to also establish an avr-gcc-devel port to
allow people getting a preview of GCC 4.x, but that hasn't been done
yet.)