Re: [avr-chat] USB and avrdude 5.0 Windows build on Savannah

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] USB and avrdude 5.0 Windows build on Savannah
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 09:11:57 +0100 (MET)

Henrik Maier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Q: Which of the two libusb-win32 drivers (filter or device) shall be
> used?

Yeah, libusb-win32's documentation leaves a bit to be desired.
I've been confused as well.

It turned out it's the filter driver that is needed.  For whatever
reason, it only runs correctly for the user physically logged into the
console (i.e. not via RDP).

> Q: Can libusb-win32 coexist with Atmels jtagicemkii USB driver or
> needs the latter one to be uninstalled?

I did nothing to the existing AVR Studio installation, so if
they installed any kind of driver, it remained installed.