Re: [avr-chat] FTDI232 chips & Missing data

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] FTDI232 chips & Missing data
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 11:37:16 +1100

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 09:36:18AM +1000, address@hidden wrote:
> We're having trouble when sending large-ish amounts of data from an AVR
> serial port to a windows ce embedded PC (PIII-1GHz) via an FTDI232
> USB-serial bridge. There are no such troubles when a direct serial
> connection is used to a windows XP host.

The experiment seems to leave the bridge or wince box as the weak link.
We've had similar serial data loss problems when (other team members ;)
have used Hyperterm on the PC end. Changing to Tera Term eliminated the
data loss.

The process of elimination should be able to be completed by connecting
to the XP box via the bridge, shouldn't it?

Erik