Re: [avr-chat] HELP! mega128 USART receive restarts execution

From: Peter Fuhrmann
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] HELP! mega128 USART receive restarts execution
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:19:50 +0100

On Sunday 12 February 2006 09:20, Rick Mann wrote:

> One the '128, if the character is sent back, it stays in the same
> position (the cursor doesn't advance). Worse, every time a character
> is received, the RX ISR gets called (I've verified this in gdb and I
> can see the byte echoed), then appears to return, and then execution
> continues from the start of main, rather than wherever execution left
> off.

With what are you using gdb? Are you connecting via jtag, or are you using
simulavr?

I once had Problems like this with a Mega128, and it was, because the Mega103
compatability fuse was set, and so the memory loacations of the registers
were partially wrong.
It really sounds like a problem with a falsly set CPU type. Maybe you are not
compiling all files for the mega128 if it isn't the fuse.

regards,

Peter