[avr-chat] Error in Timing.

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: [avr-chat] Error in Timing.
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:55:06 +0530

Hi,

I have designed a digital timer using ATMega8. The internal RC oscillator gave an
error over a period of time, so I used a 4MHz crystal & programmed the fuse
bits accordingly.

However, the Crystal oscillator also gives an error of about 5 seconds in 300
seconds. I tried using different capacitor values at the crystals pins, but
this made no difference.

I checked my code(TCNT0 values etc) and found no error there.

Is there a recommended way to get accurate timing(with a crystal or otherwise)?

Thanks,
--Royce