Re: [avr-chat] atmega48/88/168 support

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] atmega48/88/168 support
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 07:37:01 +0200 (MET DST)

Scott Torborg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Apologies if this has been covered before. How do I get support for
> the ATMega48/88/168 in avr-gcc?

Most people reuse the "newdevice" patches (and perhaps other patches)
from my FreeBSD ports:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/avr-binutils/files/
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/avr-gcc/files/
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/avr-gcc-devel/files/

> Also, is avr-gcc 4.0 considered ready for production use yet?

4.1.0 appears to produce better (tighter) code than 3.4.x, and appears
to have less bugs.  Again, see the above patches, it does not compile
when configured for DWARF-2 support without a patch (in case you might
need it -- GDB still works best with stabs debugging anyway).