Re: [avr-chat] "Proper" programmer for Linux ?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] "Proper" programmer for Linux ?
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 20:58:32 +0200 (MET DST)

Vincent Trouilliez <address@hidden> wrote:

> thanks, I googled for it and found this:
>
> http://www.lancos.com/prog.html

I wouldn't recommend you that one.  From my experience, it's
the most error-prone of the low-cost ISP adapters I've seen.

I can only give you the same recommendation as the other
folks here: the official Atmel stuff usually works pretty
well, be it the STK500 itself, the AVR Dragon, or the JTAG
ICE.  Obviously, the last one is the most universal one.

Regarding Linux, yes, you need avr-gdb + avarice in order
to talk to the JTAG ICE or AVR Dragon.  DDD is the usual
recommendation for a GUI frontend for GDB, but there are
actually many possible frontends.