Re: [avr-chat] Endless loop in AVR?

From: Wojtek Dabrowski
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Endless loop in AVR?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 14:24:35 +0200

>> One problem though - I seem to be doing something wrong with the reset.
>> When I press the reset button, I connect the reset pin to Vcc (+5V).
>
> RESET on AVR's are active low.  Use a 10k Pull-Up resistor from
> the RESET pin to Vcc, and connect your button from the pin/resistor
> to ground.

Thanks, I'll do that!

> You must have a background with 8051's where RESET is
> active high?

Actually, no, I haven't touched microcontrollers before. I'm just used
to +5V meaning that there is a signal, and ground meaning there is no
signal (from technical informatics courses, where you build simple stuff
from NANDs and NORs), so I kind of assumed that the reset would be
active high.

Thanks for the help, I'll try those things now - I hope this depleted my
repertiore of noob-questions for now :)

Greets,
-Wojtek