[avr-chat] EEPROM read function on Tiny 13

From: Robert von Knobloch
Subject: [avr-chat] EEPROM read function on Tiny 13
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:25:47 +0200

Hallo Joerg,

I see that I needed a weekend to recover my wits.
In case you are wondering what nonsense I have written, I will explain:
My first thoughts were that the 16-Bit address was the problem, so I
wrote an 8-Bit version. This also did not work. I then reverted to
16-Bit addressing but 'bit-twiddled'. This is the version I sent you and
it works fine (please disregard my thoughts about 16-bit access).
The avr-libc library function "eeprom_read_byte()", however, does not
work for me - it returns bad data from the eeprom (maybe not the eeprom ??).
My comment about eeprom address defined as 'const' is for the avr-libc
read functions whereas the WRITE functions are not defined as 'const'.

Oh and by the way, there is an error in the Tiny 13 hardware header file
'iotn13.h' Line 103, char 11 reads 'EIN1D' , should be 'AIN1D'
(according to the tiny 13 data sheet and for consistency with 'AIN0D').
[Latest version avr-libc.]

Greetings,
Robert